The NCE measures a candidate's knowledge and understanding of theory and skill-based tenants of counseling necessary to successful, safe and ethical practice. The exam’s development is based upon a national job analysis of more than 16,000 credentialed counselors identifying empirically validated work behaviors determined to be most relevant for competent counseling practice.
UConn has structured the content of the courses, and the plan of study to prepare you to pass the NCE. The following eight CACREP content domains are the basis for the questions:
- Human growth and development
- Social and cultural diversity
- Counseling and helping relationships
- Group counseling and group work
- Career counseling
- Assessment and testing
- Research and program evaluation
- Professional counseling orientation and ethical practice
The National Counselor Examination (NCE) is a 200 question multiple choice exam.
In our test you will get acquainted with 50 real questions of this exam.