There is an international system of English language levels in the world. In accordance with this system, there are 6 levels of English proficiency:
- Below Elementary. This is the level of people who are just starting to learn the language. At this level, a person knows the alphabet, basic reading rules, words and simple expressions;
- Elementary. At this level, a person can use elementary constructions and phrases, simple tenses, communicate on topics familiar to them;
- Pre-Intermediate. A person can communicate, keep up a conversation, build more complex sentences, use more complex tenses;
- Intermediate. At this level, a person understands English speech, freely expresses his thoughts and knows all tenses;
- Upper-Intermediate. A person easily communicates on everyday topics, calmly understands what is said to him, knows all the nuances of using times;
- Advanced. A person understands English speech, knows grammar, can think and speak it, as in his native language.
The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions, only one of which is correct.
The test time is limited - you have 1 hour.